In this video is possible to see, the first long range test of one of advanced functionality that will be available in a new pro revision of VR Pad station , with this feature is possible recive in realtime a streaming in h.264 with latency near 300 ms. The new feature support : Wifi - 3G - 4G LTE . With Video streaming you recived in realtime the telemetry data from the drone.
Another interesting video about a new advanced follow me functionality that will be available on VR Pad Station and VR Leash ,too
VR Pad Station is an app that turns your Android smartphone or your pad into a ground station combined with a powerful digital remote control radio for use with your RC model or with your drone.
Is designed to be used on Rover, Airplane or Drones for hobby and professional use. It 's a project dynamic and evolving based on feedback from users of our community: www.virtualrobotix.com
It use mavlink 1.0 and support the firmware APM Copter , Plane and Rover
The current version is a preview suitable only for BETA testing use it carefully.
Use VR Radio only with the simulator, until new updates.
In Version 2.1.0 we adding the support for new VR Gimbal that use mavlink protocol for setting and control the camera . This is last video of new gimbal with mavlink support that use the mission planner mavlink but will be support of our new VR Pad Station :
- Updated USB serial library (need more test)
- Added USB compatibility for VR Micro Brain
- Added VR Gimbal configuration panel
- Added a confirmation dialog when enabling RC override
- Improved communication handling
- Improved device compatibility with less requirements
- Fixed some crash problems
- Fixed other bugs
- Added MavLink telemetry logs option
- Fixed FollowMe and Guided Mode
- Fixed "out of memory" problems on some devices
- Fixed a problem where gimbal parameters are not downloaded automatically inside settings
- Fixed crashes on loading airports
- Fixed a bug during arming
- Fixed HDOP decimals
- Added confirmation dialog for ARM/DISARM/TAKEOFF
- Sticks are aligned to the RC of the drone before override
- Separated acc calibration from mag calibration panel
- Added button in mag calibration for compare the drone yaw with the device gps yaw
- Screen never in standby
- Added support to 19200 and 38400 serial baud rates
- Added solar radiation level info inside overview panel
- Changed USB serial library, now it supports more devices
- Added failsafe configuration settings
- Added radio calibration in GCS settings;
- Added airports locations on map, in an area of 100km from user/drone position, activated from map settings;
- Fixed minor bugs;
- Corrected gimbal settings layout on smartphones
- Added waypoint commands
- Long click on a waypoint in the list opens an editing dialog
- Option for setting the zoom when auto-pan is enabled
- Added option during the generation of polygon for set the altitude
- Added, where available, range/units/values of parameters
- 3D map in some areas with normal map type
- Now you can interact with map in the VR Radio, if RC override is not enabled
- Fixed an error in VR Radio where the channels goes directly from RC_MIN to RC_MAX
- Added failsafe and sensors status into HUD
- Added HDOP indication in the action bar
In the new revision 2.0.3 is available
- A new info bar with a lot of usefull information battery level , gps status , active mode .
- A new follow me standard mode .
- Only one connection for different application.
- Parameter setup for gimbal.
- New configuration option pannel .
- New advanced user interface compatible not only with PAD but also with Smartphone android device.
- A early revision of VR Glass Station a special revision that work on Google Glass device.
We are work in progress with some advanced features as Special follow me mode , Fligh log book and VR Gimbal integration and advanced low latency h.264 video trasmission.
The App is compatible with APM Copter , Plane and Rover.
Inside the community could be possible discuss directly with developer about the new request feature .
Join us in beta testing this is the direct link to google store :
Google Community Group for manage the beta testing of VR Pad Station continue to join new member this is the link :
This is the official Virtual Robotix Discussion group about VR PAD Station 2.0.3 :
Feedback about our application are welcome ... :) In the next week we intend improve VR PAD Station with new feature under development.