I am at a state where I would like to test my rc inputs (from the ppm encoder), my GPS functionality (data), and seriel ports (I am in the process of soldering and wiring up the QBee-Pros's). The Diydrones PPM Encoder worked out of the box - 1st time. I will start a build thread outlining my experience with this.

Anyway,

Question 0:

I wanted to run the examples from vride 0.0.3 that are on the repo. The .pde's to compile and download are in "VRide-0.0.3\examples", and these are the ones that are depicted in the following drop-down menu: file->examples. Is this correct?

I opened and tried to compile a few of the sketches, nameley the sketches "MP32_Oilpan_blink_test.pde" and "MP32_radio.pde". I am getting the following error when I try to compile: "arm-none-eabi-g++: selected multilib 'thumb2' not installed".
I opened the same sketch names from vride 0.0.1 in the "\vrobotix-ide-0.0.1\" folder (from several weeks ago) and both the examples compile. In fact I am running the MP32_Oilpan_blink_test on the mp32 right now.

Question 1

If reference to above, what is "arm-none-eabi-g++: selected multilib 'thumb2' not installed", and how do I fix it?

Question 2:

When I execute "vrobotix-ide.exe" in the vride root folder the ide displays VRobitix IDE 0.0.1 (Arduino 0018) in the title bar. Is this just a typo or did I do something wrong?

Question 3

I have the MediaTek MT3329 GPS. Within the sketch "GPS_MTK_test.pde" in the "\examples\" folder, I found the following that confused me a little: 
"#include <GPS_MTK.h> // UBLOX GPS Library
I believe the reference to UBLOX in the comment is a typo. Is this correct?

You need to be a member of FOXTEAM UAV CLAN to add comments!

Join FOXTEAM UAV CLAN

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jim,

check on repo i put a zip file for you.

This is my revision that work fine ... use it on a fresh pc before to test it on your pc where you have Cride.

I hope that you can solve with this new revision of code ..

Best

Roberto

• Thank you so much Roberto, It works now.

I will wire up the GPS and flash the MP32 tonight, and let you know how it goes. I have another somewhat related question regarding the usarts and use of Ser1 listed. I will post on a new thread though.

- JimT

• Hi Jim,

so in your VRide you have all what you want for compile the code , no need of external dependency .

Strange this error . So you can try to put the directory  in a blank pc without toolchain and check if you have same problem ... my idea is that your installation of cride on same pc change some path so the vride execute the cride toolchain instead of codesourcery .

In my enviroment i installed eclipse  , coudesourcery and vride and they coexist without problem ... doint that test

Thanks

Roberto

• I place a fresh copy of vride on a new machine and got the same result.

After this I monitored the vride process for I/O and saw it was not finding several paths (or files) it was looking for. I used this info and looked a little closer and the following folder did not have any files i it: "\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\tools\arm\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.4.1\thumb2".

I copied the following files (see pic below) from the 0.0.1 into the corresponding directory in 0.0.3:

2772931821?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Getting a different error now:

2772932044?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hi Jim,

the vride 0.0.3 is only a preview is not yet released , so you can have some problem as vride 0.0.1 write in the ide ... but is strange the compiling problem that you have ... try to copy all the file available in hardware tools available in vride 0.0.1 in vride 0.0.3

so for Question 3 .

I have the same gps , i try GPS_NMEA and it work fine , with gps connected to Serial4 compiled with VRide 0.0.3 with VRide 0.0.1 don't work .

There are two revision of our gps the newer i haven't yet implemented  as MTK16 the older is MTK and that work fine.

Best

Roberto

• I copied files from VR 0.0.1 mostly  ".a" that were only present in VR0.0.1) into corresponding directories in VR 0.0.3. I dont get the error mentioned above; however, I am now getting the following error:
      The output from VR0.0.3 is the following:

Going to build using 'armcompiler' (ARM) Compiling core... Compiling libraries: GPS_MTK Compiling the sketch...
       In function 'void loop()':error: call of overloaded 'print(float, int)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:51: note: candidates are: void Print::print(int32, int)
      C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:52: note:                 void Print::print(int64, int)

Listing of all compiler output follows. Note: <BUILD> stands for the temporary build directory used to compile your sketch, which is: C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\build
      Also note that because of preprocessing, line numbers won't match up exactly.  We're working on a fix.<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp: In function 'void loop()':<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp:30: error: call of overloaded 'print(float, int)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:51: note: candidates are: void Print::print(int32, int)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:52: note:                 void Print::print(int64, int)<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp:32: error: call of overloaded 'print(float, int)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:51: note: candidates are: void Print::print(int32, int)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:52: note:                 void Print::print(int64, int)<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp:34: error: call of overloaded 'print(double, int)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:51: note: candidates are: void Print::print(int32, int)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:52: note:                 void Print::print(int64, int)<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp:36: error: call of overloaded 'print(double, int)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:51: note: candidates are: void Print::print(int32, int)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:52: note:                 void Print::print(int64, int)<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp:38: error: call of overloaded 'print(double, int)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:51: note: candidates are: void Print::print(int32, int)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:52: note:                 void Print::print(int64, int)<BUILD>\GPS_MTK_test.cpp:44: error: call of overloaded 'print(long int&)' is ambiguousC:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:44: note: candidates are: void Print::print(char)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:45: note:                 void Print::print(const char*) <near match>C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:46: note:                 void Print::print(uint8)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:47: note:                 void Print::print(int32)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:48: note:                 void Print::print(uint32)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:49: note:                 void Print::print(int64)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:50: note:                 void Print::print(uint64)C:\discardable\vride Compare\VRide-0.0.3\hardware\leaflabs\cores\maple/Print.h:53: note:                 void Print::print(double)

• I will try what you outlined above.

The Tortoise I installed did something to my Vride 0.0.1 folder, next to all the files there are tortoise icons now. If I open a .pde and edit anything, I get a read-only error when saving. Its like Tortoise is trying to synch these files with the repo or something. The vride 0.0.1 that I am refering to came from the .rar when you did the weminar.

Maybe something happened when I tried to "checkout" sources.

I wish there was a way to simply download, in an isolated way, like a .rar or zip.

I will get back to you when I resolve/figure out the tortoise.

This reply was deleted.