This video is doing by our VRGimbal user VR Gimbal with Sony 3D HXRNX3D1U ( 720 gr) in handeld mode
This is a video using complete VRGimbal with Panasonic GH2
..and this is another video of the same copter (in HD)
These are specification of our : VR Gimbal :
Micro Controller is STM32F1 at 72 mhz.
3 Axis Brushless Direct Drive gimbal :
- Roll (MOT1)
- Pitch (MOT2)
- Yaw (MOT3)
For each channel we have 3 high power pwm 5 Amp output .
I2C IMU that support 3 axis . It is on camera module , so we can know exactly the position of camera and control in realtime the 3 Brushless motors. MPU6050 (6 DOF) + HMC5883 (3 DOF)
1 USB port.
1 Serial port that support mavlink protocol.
1 Power module that support until 3S battery.
4 Radio RC Input for :
- Control ROLL Setup.
- Control Pitch Setup.
- Control YAW Setup.
- IR control repeater.
4 Analog Input 0-3.3v
1 IR Out , so is pssible to control a remote camera by its ir receiver.
On new revision 2.0 we add :
- customizable push buton.
- support for motors ampere monitor for each motors.
- Very intuitive Firmware update tools.
- Simple and powerfull VR Gui for VR Gimbal configuration.
- Serial driver on USB port.
- A complete and updated wiki repository with media gallery with last video from our user.
In this video is possible see the utility available for measure the current used by different kind of motors. This feature is very usefull for evaluate the specification of motors.
Is available a new tools for firmware update you can found more detail here :
We release a Major release 1.0.9 we add a lot of new functionality and full support of pan stabilization with 1 IMU sensor or two sensor .
- Experimental Stabilize mode on Yaw (good with small pitch values)
- Experimental Follow mode on Yaw (need motor steps calibration and PID reconfiguration)
- Experimental support for second IMU for precise Yaw measurement (contact us for more info)
- Added support for analog/digital input (like joysticks and buttons) to be used in alternative to RC:
- configure channel 100 to 105 to use analog input 1 to 6;
- use the “JYC” serial command and follow the instructions to calibrate the inputs.
- Completed PID mode on Roll and Pitch, with support of RC commands.
- Manual (RC) mode (to be used on Yaw for now) working but requires improvement.
- USB serial support (see vers. 1.04)
more info is available here :
The firmware is opensource the repo is available here :
So if you want to join in development you are welcome .
This is a screenshot of VR Gimbal Gui developed using .net technology, so could be work also using mono on mac and linux , test on that platform is welcome ,you can connect directly by usb to VR Gimbal or by radio link as 3dr module , blueetooth or other ttl wireles adapter :
We Upgrade also the VRGui with new functionality , slider full support of Pan axis and Full Frame.
With VRGimbal is possible to control this kind of gimbal ;
Handheld and Air Drone Gimbal 2-3axis Entry level gopro gimbal.
Handheld and Air Drone Gimbal 2-3axis Heavy dslr gimbal.
This is an example of video doing by our user of VRGimbal on heavy dslr gimbal :
This is official thread in virtualrobotix community is here join us for have more info and support :
For reserve and pre order your VR Gimbal 2.0 board send a mail here :
Is possible to buy our board on our new ecommerce store here :
or if you prefer you can contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also support our user in custom development on oem - odm gimbal hardware or firmware contact us for more detail.